• Join Other Nomads From All Over The World!

The mission of The Nomad Forum is to inspire and connect people all over the globe to live a life of own choice and with true potential. Freedom is something you earn. It isn’t granted to you. When living The Nomad Lifestyle presented by and lived by the members of The Nomad Forum, you will earn your freedom by becoming a valuable citizen of the world.

The Nomad Lifestyle is not something you “try”, it’s something you live.

Elevate your lifestyle, connect with other awesome and inspiring digital nomads. Join The Nomad Forum now!

Register now

VALUABLE! SUCCESS STORY: Millionaire By 25 (Bodahir)

Bodahir

Hustler
Staff
Premium Member
Reaction score
From
🇳🇱Netherlands
Damn! I never thought I would write this down.
But sharing my story might inspire you to go after the things you want. That's my mission.
Sit back and relax. Enjoy the story.

4E096886-8E4F-4E7C-91AB-9B9DBD57C409.jpeg

When I was a kid
As a kid I always dreamed of money and freedom. I didn’t dream of luxury yachts or sports cars. It was all about traveling and having the freedom to do so.

On our family holidays I always enjoyed my time. On holidays my parents didn’t stressed about anything. Their mind was on vacation. We did a lot of fun and awesome things together. Because of the stress at home, it made me appreciate our holidays a lot more than regular kids did.

When we went home, the misery and stress started to begin again. As a kid I must have felt it, because I hated it to go home. I think that’s the reason why I don’t dream about all the fancy things money can buy. I dream about travel and having the freedom to do so. This story will tell you how I achieved this at a very young age (25) and the lessons I learned along the way.

It starts on a path you wouldn’t expect. When I tell people that I used to be shy around girls they are surprised. They don’t know I was very insecure as a teenager. But the truth is, I always felt like a loser when it came down to girls.

The month after I finished high-school I had my first girlfriend. I felt like the man. All of my confidence was dependent on this relationship. When she was happy, I was happy. But when she played around with me, I felt insecure. So naturally this relationship didn’t last long. After nine months she broke up. Later I found out she cheated on me.

I was heartbroken. How could she do that? I did everything right. Didn’t I? I bought her flowers, surprised her with presents, was always nice and never rocked the boat. In the end we only had one fight! I was devastated. My confidence plummeted. It went lower than before.

The night it all changed
I would go out now and then. And occasionally there was a girl that showed interest. But my confidence was so low… that after talking to them, they always ran away from me. I had a lot of awkward moments. Every time I had this voice in my mind saying “this will not work, in the end you will screw it up!”

One night I met a girl. She gave her phone number after I finally grabbed my balls to ask. When me and my friend started talking after that party, the self doubt came in. But this time it wasn’t doubt anymore. I just concluded that I would screw it up again, so I wouldn’t bother even trying.

But there was something different about this time. The decision to stop trying was a subconscious message to myself to surrender. This opened the pathway to something else. I stopped with trying the same thing that obviously didn’t work. I looked somewhere else for answers.

It was 1:32 AM. I was still talking to my friend, when I suddenly woke up. I realised there may be guys who know how to pick up girls. And if so, I can learn from them. I said my friend goodbye and drove home on my bicycle as fast as I could. A ride that normally took me ten minutes, now took me just four minutes.

When I arrived home, I ran to my computer and pressed it on. I opened my browser and I typed in the search engine: “How to pick-up women” Asking this question made me feel uncomfortable. As if I was asking how to get to the dark side…

I scrolled through some pages. And then I stumbled upon a website called ‘Masterflirt’. They presented themselves as ‘helping men getting women’. They sold a book. And after reading the free chapters I immediately bought it. It gave me what I wanted; girls. But after a few empty years, and another plummet in my confidence, I discarded the book. However, I still apply its basic principles today. The book was actually not about women, but all about improving thyself. And it marked the beginning of a life of personal development for me. But that’s what I figured out years later.

When I discarded the book my life looked like this, I;
  • Had no future plan;
  • Didn’t know what to do with my life; Felt lonely because I said goodbye to all friends that weren’t supporting me;
  • Played poker for hours everyday, only making pennies;
  • Took a shit job in the kitchen washing dishes all day long;
  • Had parents who kept pursuing me to get a degree; Moved in with a friend because of the everyday fights with my parents;
  • Got drunk every weekend with my new friends from my dishwashing job;
  • Had a burning desire to take life different, but didn’t know how.
Moment of Despair
I sat at the kitchen table. I was replaying what just had happened. Money was tight when I lived with my friend. One night I caught myself stealing plastic crates from a grocery shop while I was drunk. I pushed my friend to help. We stole 54 crates for a $3 deposit value each. We stacked them in our backyard. It was ridiculous.

The next morning when I woke up, I looked outside my window into our garden. I saw three piles of plastic crates and asked myself what the hell I had done. My friend came to me and pleased me to bring back the crates. Thinking about the morality of what we did, it was the best thing to do.

Instead of bringing them back one by one by bike, I asked my mom to borrow her car. I didn’t told her why, because I was ashamed. Luckily she gave it without questioning.

We went to the shop to see if it was open. I was so afraid to go to the owner and tell them what we had done, that we waited for a couple of minutes. Looking from a distance we could see the shop was open. My heart was beating 195 times per minute at that moment. With a lump in our throat we opened the door of the car and walked towards the shop. For a moment I paused. Asking myself if this is the right thing to do. I saw an angry man in my mind. A man who would be furious.

I stepped in the door and walked towards the counter, where the man stood behind. When opening my mouth I could feel the fear in my voice. “Ehm Sir… we would like to tell you something…” having my tail between my legs. “We did something last night while we were drunk… Eh… We stole some of your crates… Eh… And we want to give them back to you… And we want to apologise for what we did.”

I paused for a moment, while waiting for him to go bezerk. I think we both expected he would go nuts. At least he would be mad, right? But to our surprise something else happened. Instead of getting angry or mad, he responded the complete opposite way. He wasn’t mad at all… He said something that would alter the course of my live forever. He said: “Oh, don’t bother it, it’s okay. We all have been young.”. I stood there frozen. My brain spinning. It wasn’t what I expected he would say. How could he say that? Why isn’t he mad? I couldn’t answer it to myself.

I didn’t had time to think. Because I had to bring back the car. Later when it was done I sat at the kitchen table thinking. I replayed what happened; how I told him what we did; how the shop owner responded. And then I felt it… I started crying… I realised I never experienced this before. Every time I did something wrong, there was someone to punish me or made me feel bad about myself. This time none of that happened. It was the first time I experienced grace in my life.

While sitting at the kitchen table, I felt again what was unfamiliar to me. He said his words in such a loving way, that I will never forget that moment. Today, five years later, it still makes me cry.

Then… Two weeks after this, something else happened.

Moment Of Never Again
When I worked as a dishwasher, I had a lot of time to think. One day I had it... I was staring at the ceiling. In one hand I had a plate, and in my other hand a dishcloth. I was replaying my whole life in my mind. I saw all the failures. I felt the misery when I quit college two times. I heard the disappointment of my parents. I looked at all my attempts to escape reality. I saw all the rejections of women because I was too drunk. And I started asking myself: what the fuck am I doing? Is this what my life has become? Washing dishes at 22 without future prospect? Trying to act like some cool guy, while I have nothing to show for? I should be making money on my own, or at least trying! I was full of rage and anger.

Being there, doing that kind of work, at that moment in my life did something special… I developed a very strong desire. I got a feeling of absolute certainty that this was something I would NEVER do again. If I would be washing dishes I would do it for myself.

Bodahir

Hustler
Staff
Premium Member
Reaction score
From
🇳🇱Netherlands
New life course
These two events were so powerful, that they would alter my life course forever. I decided to quit drinking and drugs, and to stop fooling myself with action fakes. I sought help through counselling and support groups. I started researching ways to improve my life and my financial situation.

During three years of employment I researched everything about business, finance and personal development. The day I quit drinking I made it my goal to see Tony Robbins on stage. After two years I went. I walked on fire, wrote down my life goals and came back with a firing passion to improve my life and financial situation. It was all about traveling and more freedom.

When I was back from Tony Robbins I booked a ticket to Panamá, Central America. I found out that Panamá would be the easiest country to start a business. But that wasn’t the case. Instead of starting a business, I read 9 books in six weeks, listened to 34 podcast episodes, and watched 1,292 minutes of YouTube videos about business, life and money.

Coming back
I came back after those six weeks with a burning desire to start a business. I took some temporary jobs to have some money. I invested the money into my businesses. At first I bought books from the local thrift store and put them online for sale. Some books I bought for $0.50 and sold it for $22. One time I bought 400 books from a guy for $27.50. I thought it was a steal. Until I found out the books didn’t sold at all. It was my first business lesson to not just buy randomly. There weren’t enough books to sell. So I expanded to flipping bicycles online. With bicycles I made many crazy deals.

What is flipping? Well, you look for physical products that someone offers online. You bargain the price below a market price, and then you sell it again for a better price. Doing this taught me some valuable lessons that can be applied in almost every business:
  1. Always bargain. You make profit when you buy a product, not when you sell. The lower you buy, the more profit you have.
  2. Look for ads with few pictures, a short description or are just in general not well advertised.
  3. Velocity of your products is key in this business. Prefer selling a product with a small profit or at a loss when it not sells, instead of sitting on it for weeks. Selling frees up cash that you can use for other deals.
  4. Make your ad attractive as possible. Posts the maximum amount of pictures. Learn copywriting. Sell benefits instead of features. Do like the pros do.
  5. Before you go and see a product, determine your maximum price. If the owner only wants to sell it above your max price, walk away. Even if it took you two hours to get there. It will help you to stay away from bad deals in the long run.
  6. Always be honest.
  7. Give warranties if possible and find other ways to add value to your products.
  8. Some people are plain stupid, often they don’t know the value of the items they hold in their hands.
  9. Basically you can do this anywhere in the world.
“The Art of the Hustle”
I’ve had crazy deals. Let me tell you a few stories of the deals I made. The Netherlands has more bicycles than citizens. So it’s a very active market. After looking through a bunch of listings I found a nice bicycle. The ad was terrible. It had only two (2) pictures, and a one sentence description: “bike for sale”. And it was cheap. The owner asked $25. With better pictures and a better description I could easily sell it for $60 I concluded. I asked the owner to see it. So I went.

Upon inspecting, it had a minor brake defect, which could easily be fixed within five minutes. I offered him $20 because of the defect. He hesitated a few seconds, and then accepted my offer. I had my first deal. I fixed the brakes, made better pictures and wrote a killing description. After a few days a guy bought it for $95. Wham! Damn, I was happy :) !

Half price
Later I saw another bicycle. The owner asked $250. I called him and said it’s a nice bike, but my budget only allows $125. I expected he would yell at me and hangup the phone. But to my surprise he accepted my offer! I Immediately hopped on my bicycle to see and get it. When I arrived I was surprised! Man… this thing was in perfect condition. It was as new. I test drove it and everything was perfect. The new price should have been at least $500.

He had two keys, and the owner seemed honest, so I assumed it wasn’t stolen. I wondered though why he accepted my lowball offer. When I payed him he was talking a bunch of BS about how life is not about money. He obviously didn’t had much, since he was living in a poor neighbourhood. That’s when I concluded he probably needed the money fast for paying off a loan, his rent or something else.

For that reason, some say that this business is not ethical. I say it’s not my problem someone has money issues. You see, it’s their problem. People are poor because of their bad relationship with money. It’s not some outside force that makes people poor. Poor people make poor decisions. That’s why they lose money and get in debt. They spend it on the latest gadget or fashion trend, and they don’t save.

The moment the money comes in is the moment it will go out. It’s their relationship with money that is corrupted, not me. Okay, yes I take advantage of it. And that’s the only way to do it well in this business. And believe me… you will get a lot of FU’s. That’s something you have to deal with. You lowball 100 people, 32 do not respond, 66 say FU, and 2 will bite. And that’s actually the fun.

Anyway…

I drove my new deal home, cleaned it up, made 24 pictures, wrote a killer description and put it up for sale for $300. And I waited… The next morning a buyer calls. We setup a time and meeting point. He comes over with his wife. She’s tests the bike, and she likes it. Then the man says he will give me $250 for it. Mind you… 14 hours earlier I bought it from someone who asked $250 and sold it to me for half the price. I was so happy, that I immediately said YES! But I was too fast. He pulled out his cash, which was way more than $250, and I realised he would had done it for $300. It was another lesson. BUT DAMN I WAS HAPPY! In just 14 hours I made $125 by almost doing NOTHING! This money felt so GREAT to me. I was stoked!

Old cameras still sell
My next deal was made at a flee market. I walked around the stands when my eyes fell on a bunch of old cameras. Somehow I knew these cameras hold a nostalgic value. I looked up the average price on eBay. And I saw one was sold for $150. I picked up the camera to take a deeper look at it. Then the owner starts to talk to me. He told me he found the camera when he was cleaning up his garage. He couldn’t tell me if it worked, but he said that they worked in the past. I decided if the price was low enough I would take it.

I asked the owner how much he wanted. He said $25. I was silent… “Wow, what a steal” I thought… in my mind I was already counting my profits. My hands were almost shaking. Haha. Then I said with a low tone in my voice, in the hope he wouldn’t notice I was asking: “You do it for twenty?” He waited for a second and said: “aaaah, why not.” (So I gave him a bunch of reasons. No, kidding! :p)

I took the camera home with a huge smile on my face :). When I came home I inspected the camera. It had a small defect. But I fixed it in 15 minutes with a YouTube video. I made good pictures, put it up for sale for $150 and sold it within a week. I was stoked again :D.

Mind switch
Something happens with your mind when you do this kind of business. You start to see deals everywhere. Even between trash on the street. One Sunday I was cycling past a trash container and next to it stood a pair of boots. After 100m passing by, I realised what I saw. So I immediately turned around. I looked to see if no one watched me. I picked the boots up, it was a brand new pair of Timberland boots! Within a week I sold them for $80. Wow! And this kind of stuff happens to me all the time. It is as if a higher power puts me into this direction.

At the end of the school year I bought college books cheap when supply was high. Then at the end of summer when college began I sold them for a premium price. I looked in garbage bins of hardware stores for stuff to sell. Many times these shops throw stuff away that still works. I found two lamps and one fan that I sold. I did all I could to hustle money.

After a few more deals I realised I was building experience, but I wasn’t building a business. It would still require my time in order for the business to run. I wanted something more passive. Something that would sell without my time being there. So I looked into building an online business:
  • I wrote articles on a website that would pay me money from advertising (this didn’t work)
  • I set up facebook ads that lead to an affiliate sales page (this also didn’t work)
  • I wrote a Dutch sales page for an English business book, and I had exactly one affiliate sale of $1.30 after 10 hours of work. I thought it was a failure, but it exposed me to what was possible.

Bodahir

Hustler
Staff
Premium Member
Reaction score
From
🇳🇱Netherlands
We all have to take the jump once
In the meantime I took a part time job at the post office. During that time I read everything about blogging as a business. After three months I decided to take the leap. I had saved up some money. So I quit my job at the post office with the resolution to NEVER work for a boss again. I started writing full time on a health blog. I had no idea if this idea would work. But I knew one thing… I HAD TO MAKE IT. This was my equivalent of BURNING THE BOATS.I was frightened and excited at the same time.

My idea was to write a bunch of articles, sell an eBook, morph into online courses and become rich overnight. Just like the pros do. There was one problem… I wasn’t a pro. Well, I was a pro. But I didn’t had the patience and time to build up an audience, plus I was operating in a very saturated marketplace. This learned me to see the importance of relative value.

Relative value

Anyone can write a blog. You buy a domain name, setup Wordpress and you’re ready to go. But that’s easy. Everybody can do that. And if everybody can do it, the profit margins lowers. Same as being a fitness coach. Everybody wants to be a fitness coach. If you want to be a fitness coach you have to compete with thousands of others. That’s why the market is so saturated. You have to be exceptionally good to rise above the rest.

Relative value means that you have something that is relatively unique. It doesn’t have to be the next Segway, Drone or new iPhone. Just find something that has not much competition. You either be (one of the) first or be the best. If you want to be a blogger, or fitness coach, you have to compete with everybody. But when you own an online forum for Digital Nomads, you only have to compete with 5 or 6 others. So this means you hold a lot of relative value, even when the idea is not unique. It’s much easier to compete with 5 or 6 than with thousand others.

I learned this the hard way. After five months, my sales in eBooks were exactly… zero. My savings slinked. I had about two months left to live. I wondered what to do next. Should I continue? Or should I look into some other ventures? I was so focussed on ‘not failing by quitting’, that it was hard to see the blog wasn’t working.

One afternoon I was tired of writing. I was reading on a business forum. While scrolling down the forum I stumbled upon a thread about cryptocurrencies. I was familiar with it because of early experience with Bitcoin. Upon reading I realised this was the boat I should have be on. After reading the thread, 27 pages long, I figured out I could do three things:
  1. Continue with the blog in the hope a ‘miracle’ would happen.
  2. Write an eBook about cryptocurrencies with the potential to rake an income of $1,500 per month.
  3. Learn myself to trade cryptocurrencies with unlimited upside potential.
I examined the risks and rewards. And I decided to go for the most risky option, number 3. My chance to succeed was already low, so then why did I choose the most risky option? Let me explain.

Trading is known for making riches overnight. But not without failure. Many traders have years of hard work behind them before they finally “make it”. And only 5% of all traders “make it”. So it is not the most logical decision to make. In 2014 I lost a lot of money trading Bitcoin. I had an awful taste in my mouth when I lost that money. But I noticed something while trading… I saw a pattern in the charts. I saw people with fear (including me) losing their money, and people with calmness and confidence winning money. Over and over.

When examining my options, I knew this was the most risky. But because of what I saw, it was also the fastest way to earn the money I desperately needed. If other people can do it, I can do it too I concluded. I just have to figure out how…

A Rollercoaster Ride
The IRS gave me a $315 tax refund. It was as if a Power pushed me to do this. I put that money directly into my trading account. The next day I made some trades. I won some, and lost some. Immediately it felt as if I was born to do this. My account grew steadily to $450 in just a few hours. I was stoked! But then I started to make a few big mistakes. The next day, my account plummeted to $165. I Immediately withdrew all of it. Scared to lose more. There I was… Now with less money and another lost dream. To say it mildly; I was disappointed. No pot of gold for me at the end of the rainbow.

However, I kept looking at the charts. I couldn’t get away from it. I saw the same patterns I saw before. But I couldn’t see what I was doing wrong. All I knew is that it was possible. Knowing the possibility was all I needed. After a few days I decided to try it again. I deposited another $300. I traded, and failed again. My account went down to $150. I had to cash out because I needed the money for next month. This was it.

At this moment I was lost to what to do. The ride was going downhill, and I wasn’t sure if it would go up again. I was in despair. I had no idea how to make money. Going back to flipping was not an option. It would cost too much time. The blog was not an option. That was already failed. And trading wasn’t either an option. Or was it…? Something in my mind said it was still possible. But how? I had no more money…

Somehow I figured out how to get a free deposit in my trade account by using a loophole. I would get ‘free’ money that I had to pay back within five (5) days, otherwise I was screwed. And I could choose anything between $25 and $50,000. I gave it one more try. I put $2,000 into my trade account. It was a bold move. But I was determined.

When the money was in my account I was ecstatic and afraid at the same time. Losing it all would put me into serious troubles. Making big profits would mean not worrying about money for a little while. Guess what happened? I fucked up… again. First my trading account went down to $1,500. Then to $1,200. And eventually to $800. Shit!

Bodahir

Hustler
Staff
Premium Member
Reaction score
From
🇳🇱Netherlands
F*ck it mode
At this point I was disappointed that I did not care anymore. I had it! Little did I know what would happen next. I was so disappointed, that my mind started to shift. Instead of being afraid to lose the last $800, I stopped caring about it. I couldn’t care anymore if I lost the rest. And that did something with my mindset towards trading. Something I did not expect…

A miracle started to happen (not a real miracle of course, you idiot). By not caring anymore my confidence actually grew. In my mind I could see the situation for what it was. I lost money. And so what? That’s not a big deal. At least I tried! I was proud of myself that I finally did something far out of my comfort zone.

Then the “miracle” happened. I started to make good trades. Because of the switch in my mindset I made trades with calmness and confidence, just like the pros. I cut my losses and let my profits run. I did not care about a loss or profit anymore. I just focussed on making good trades. And as a result of that, my trade balance grew. I made a few trades and I came back to $1,152. Then a few price movements in the market happened. Back to $1,644. I made another few profitable trades, $2,073. The markets go crazy! $2,569. More profitable trades, $3,281. And $4,384… $5,510… It finally found the holy trading grail…

In less than 24 hours I more than doubled my trade balance. I payed back the $2,000 I borrowed, and continued trading with my profits. I grew the account to over $10,000 in 2 days. I withdrew $10,000 and continued with what was left. I made some mistakes and lost what was left. The market was going dull as well, so I decided to stop.

BC85B769-C940-4C4C-A145-86E3138848CA.jpeg

I took a little detour and developed a protein powder. But within a month I was back in trading. I saw the cryptocurrency market going crazy. And I didn’t want to miss out on that. After doing some calculations I figured out another $10,000 to $250,000 to my trade balance was very likely. I put back $250 in my trading account. Within eight days I made $47,876.43. And after that I continued to grow my balance. Within three months I became financial independent. My dream was completed. At age 25 I became a millionaire.

The first thing I did was calling my mom. She was damn happy for me. From that point my life changed. I no longer had to work for a boss. I was no longer dependent on someone else for income. I had FREEDOM. I went on several trips. In two years I’ve been to South-Korea, Japan, Dubai, Málaga, Venice, Paris, Vienna, Croatia, Morocco, Turkey, Italy, Bali, Sumatra, Thailand, Taiwan, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore.

Being financial independent allows me everyday to do whatever the fuck I wanna to do. Nobody tells me what to do. I go wherever and whenever I want to go. I learn a new language. I invest in multiple companies. I invest in my own company. I’m into real estate. I read a lot of books. And I travel full time.

Looking back it wasn’t easy. I had to make a lot of sacrifices. I had to quit drinking expensive lattes at Starbucks. I had to say goodbye to some close friends. I had to say no to holidays. And I had to face a lot of headwind from my parents and family members who didn’t believe in me. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. But it the end it was all worth it. The freedom I have today is priceless. Facing tough headwinds taught me a wonderful lesson. Always believe in yourself.

After that it became my mission to help and inspire as many people as possible to achieve the same. My hope is that my story inspires you. That it makes you want to go out and make a killing for yourself. That you will go after the things YOU want, and that you decide to stop being mediocre and stop settling for less. However, I can’t do the heavy lifting for you. I can only point you in the right direction, but you have to do the heavy lifting.

My dream is that one day you achieve the same, through what I and others teach and share with you here at the forums. I hope we can drink a coconut somewhere at the beach on a tropical island far far away. And then I would love to hear your story…

Coconut.jpg

Yoric Sean

Backpacker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazing.. Unbelievable inspiring story with so many obstacles where persistence conquers all doubts.

Thank you for sharing this with the world: people need it! Those who have a strong desire but don't know how to achieve their dreams and therefore consider quitting. This story tells you exactly to keep following your heart, take risks and believe in yourself no matter what. With the right mindset there is no other option than freedom at the end of the tunnel.

Again, thank you Brother. Thank you for sharing this and always being there for me. We will meet at that beach where I will tell you all about my journey.

Jaime

Backpacker
Reaction score
Absolutely captivating story my friend. You have a real skill for telling a great story and highlighting important life lessons in the process. I am inspired now to sit down and share my own story!

Thank you for sharing, loved it!

Enrico

Backpacker
Reaction score
From
🇪🇸Spain
This story is just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It is really motivating to me, and although I am not interested in online trading, you provide a lot of value on how to never give up and just to do it. That reminds me of a certain brand 😁. I hope to learn a lot more from you!

Thank you!

Belgiantourist

Backpacker
Reaction score
From
🇧🇪Belgium
What an awesome and inspiring story! It's very great to have you here and that you created this place for us to connect and get inspired. I would love to share such a story myself someday. It is inspiring to me to reevaluate my own life and life goals. Thank you for sharing!

Top Bottom